Industrial park Vietnam - Opportunities & challenges when investing in Vietnam
In the process of industrialization and modernization of the country, industry plays a leading role in transforming a country from agriculture to industry towards modernity, contributing to the formation and development of industrial park Vietnam. Industry is the largest group of real economic sectors, the driving force and the locomotive of economic growth of the whole country. Investors in this field are also facing new challenges and opportunities. Find out with LHC through the article below!
1. What is an industrial park Vietnam? What's the difference with the high-tech park?
1.1 What is an industrial park?
According to Decree No. 82/2018/ND-CP, an industrial park is defined as an area with definite geographical boundaries, specialized in manufacturing industrial goods and providing services for industrial production; established under the conditions, order and procedures specified in this Decree.
Industrial parks include many different types, including: export processing zones, supporting industrial parks, ecological industrial parks.
(Excerpt: Decree No. 82/2018/ND-CP).
1.2 What is Hi-Tech Park?
High-tech park is a multi-functional economic-technical zone with defined boundaries established by the Prime Minister's decision to research, develop and apply high technologies, and incubate technology enterprises. high technology, training high-tech human resources and manufacturing and trading high-tech products.
What is a high-tech park?
2. List of the largest industrial parks in Vietnam
2.1 Southern Vietnam Industrial Park
Long Hau Industrial Park
Long Hau Industrial Park is located in Long Hau Commune - Can Giuoc District - Long An Province. This is one of the Industrial Park Vietnam with great potential for development today with the following advantages:
- Having a convenient geographical position for transportation and trade of goods:
- Located right on the road traffic axis and highway, near the international seaport system.
- 3km from Saigon Central Container Terminal (SPCT) and Saigon - Hiep Phuoc Port.
- 12km from Phu My Hung urban area.
- 19km from the center of Ho Chi Minh City.
- 25km from Tan Son Nhat International Airport.
- Receive investment from major domestic and foreign investors.
- Up to now, there have been more than 200 domestic and foreign investors investing in Long Hau Industrial Park.
- As an industrial park Vietnam combining urban - service.
- Long Hau is one of the industrial parks developed according to the model of an industrial - urban - service zone (both an industrial production zone and integrated with additional services: Business incubation center; research and development; Educational, cultural, medical facilities, ...) should have great potential for development in the future.
- Address: Hamlet 3, Long Hau Commune, Can Giuoc District, Long An Province
- Phone: (028) 3937 5599 - (+84) 906 938 599
- Fax: (028) 3781 8940
Phuoc Dong Industrial Park
Phuoc Dong Industrial Park is evaluated as an Industrial - Urban - Service complex with a high scale and potential for development in the Southeast.
Phuoc Dong has a total area of 3,158 ha, of which 2,190 ha is land for industrial park development.
This is an industrial park Vietnam designed and planned according to international standards, ensuring all utility factors related to production, import and export as well as a professional working environment for investors & enterprise
- Address: DT782, Phuoc Dong commune, Go Dau district, Tay Ninh province
- Phone: 0276 3888 999
Becamex - Binh Phuoc Industrial Park
Becamex Binh Phuoc Industrial Park has a total area of 4,600 ha, of which 2,400 ha is industrial development land and 2,200 ha is service and urban land.
With a favorable geographical position, especially close to 4 key economic areas in the South, Becamex Binh Phuoc Industrial Park is a very convenient place in terms of traffic to carry out transportation, production and business activities. , supply goods, ... Therefore, renting land and factories here will bring many benefits to investors.
- Address: National Highway 14, Minh Thanh Commune, Chon Thanh District, Binh Phuoc Province
- Phone: 091 312 52 39
2.2 Central Vietnam Industrial Park
Thuan Yen Industrial Park
Thuan Yen Industrial Park is one of the first four industrial zones in Quang Nam province and is on the list of industrial zones across the country approved by the Government under Decision No. 1107/QD-TTg dated August 21, 2006.
- Phone: (84-510) 3824 618
- Email: Vinaconex25@vnn.vn
Nhon Hoi Industrial Park
Nhon Hoi Industrial Park (Zone A) has an area of 630ha, located in Nhon Hoi Economic Zone, Quy Nhon City, Binh Dinh Province; is a multi-industry industrial park with a convenient location, modern synchronous infrastructure, ready to accompany investors.
- Address: Nhon Hoi Commune, Quy Nhon City, Binh Dinh Province
- Phone (+84-56) 3822427
Du Long Industrial Park
Du Long Industrial Park was approved by the Prime Minister for construction in Document No. 256/TTg-CN dated March 14, 2005 and was established by the Chairman of Ninh Thuan Provincial People's Committee in Decision No. 3848/ QD-UBND dated 30/6/2008.
2.3 Industrial Park in the North of Vietnam
Being on the list of industrial parks in Vietnam in general and industrial parks in the North in particular, Phu Nghia Industrial Park is always appreciated for its development potential and has made great contributions to solving problems. employment decisions for the workers.
Phu Nghia Industrial Park has a total area of 670ha, built with a modern infrastructure system with full internal traffic system, drainage system, power supply system, wastewater treatment system, etc. …
- Address: Phu Nghia commune, Chuong My district, City. Hanoi
- Phone number: 024 63 264 568 - 097 221 6868
With a total usable area of 600ha, favorable geographical location, built according to modern architecture and invested in construction by Saigon INVEST (a large corporation today), Trang Due Industrial Park has and is attracting investment from many domestic and foreign investors, with great potential for future development.
- Address: Le Loi, An Duong district, Hai Phong province
- Phone: 0888 000 836
Established in 2003, after more than 16 years of operation, Hoa Xa Industrial Park is currently receiving the attention of many investors with the following advantages:
Convenient geographical location: located on National Highway 10, is a bridge connecting with many neighboring provinces such as Thai Binh, Ninh Binh.
There is a complete internal traffic system, electricity system, and wastewater drainage system.
- Address: Hoa Loc and My Xa communes, Nam Dinh city
- Phone: 0350.3676.151
3. Vietnamese industrial parks possess the potential to attract foreign investors
3.1 Industrial zones in Vietnam have potential due to lower investment costs than the region
3.2 Potential industrial park in Vietnam due to surrounding roads and traffic
Urban transport has been gradually improved, upgraded and expanded, especially in big cities, contributing to limiting the congestion of passengers and goods. Focusing on investing in radial traffic axes, ring roads, stereoscopic intersections at major intersections, urban bypass, especially giving priority to ring roads of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, key works in each area; focus on implementing urban railway projects.
In particular, the quality of service and transport services are also constantly being renewed and improved, ensuring better service to the travel needs of the people; promote production and business development; contributing to controlling inflation, stabilizing the macro-economy, ensuring social security, thereby improving the competitiveness of the economy in general and the industry in particular.
3.3 Potential Vietnamese industrial park developed by FDI business community, easy trade connection
3.4 Preferential policies when investing in industrial parks in Vietnam
4. Difficulties in renting factories in industrial parks in Vietnam
4.1 Difficulty in human resources
To solve the above difficulties, Vietnam has developed a strategy on human resource development, boldly recruiting workers, prioritizing investment in human resource training in the fields of high technology, spearhead technology, etc. industry with high added value.
4.2 Difficulty in handling administrative procedures
Digitizing and streamlining administrative procedures will be key elements for Vietnam. Although Vietnam has made reforms in tax payment and gradually eased procedures for setting up new businesses, these two areas still need to continue to be implemented.
4.3 Difficulties in factory infrastructure
Infrastructure, internal traffic and landscape in investment industrial zones are not synchronous, and the distance from residential areas is not suitable. There is a shortage of factories for rent in industrial parks, the quality of factories for rent and the landscape environment have not met the requirements of investors.